Wow. I think this is the first award for this blog! Okay, so now I…
1. Thank those who nominated me.
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers who I think deserve it.
3. Share 7 random facts about myself.
4. Add a picture of the award to this post (see above)
Thank you, Juliet!!! And happy editing to you too!
So…seven random facts about myself.
1. I have a weakness for pomegranates. I love them, adore them, and can’t resist them every winter. They’re in season around mid-December, and a properly ripened one tastes like something between a cranberry and a black cherry, just a little more tart.
2. I am nearsighted and wear glasses/contacts to correct it. But, even though I am myopic, I have excellent perception for color and contrast, and excellent night vision on top of that.
3. I research random things when I’m bored, and spend enough time researching to write a paper on it.
4. I have an actual, hard-copy list of places that I want to visit. I’ve been steadily crossing them off.
5. I play the lottery, but nowhere near on a regular basis…and nearly always end up getting the small prizes. Most I’ve won was $20.
6. I assemble my own furniture, and had done so since I was 12. It’s a workout, and there’s something very satisfying about building.
7. I’ve been awake for 24 hours straight only twice in my life. I slept for 24 hours straight only once.
Now, for the blogs! I do have to limit to ten, though. A lot of the blogs I read are incredibly political, and/or concerning VERY specific issues that are of value to me. An award is not something that I want to get political on. This one will be for my fellow writers.
1. Gayle F. Moffet – My editor, in all her versatile, sarcastic glory.
2. Wide Awake but Dreaming – run by Raymond Frazee. Discovered this via Facebook, promptly subscribed. Beautiful writing style.
3. Lisa Marie Basile – One of my oldest friends, whose field of choice is surreal travel-inspired poetry. Owner and proud operator of Patasola Press
4. Sheldon Nylander – CA-based, strong, concise, and to the point.
5. Kate Policiani – Concise, well-written reviews and more.
6. J.W. Manus – an author who doesn’t mince words one bit.
7. Let’s Get Digital – by David Gaughran.
8. A Newbie’s Guide to Self-Publishing – by J.A. Konrath. If you’re a self-pub and you need resources, he and David Gaughran win the best go-to blog.
9. S. R. Torris – A fellow author with a flair.
10. The Geeky Chic – Book reviews, promo, and then some! Run by Olivia Melancon